Please call the surgery center the day before your procedure to confirm your arrival time. You may call (919) 322-4800 as early as 9:00am.
Because preparing for surgery is very important to assure your safety and the best possible experience, we have listed some important rules for you to follow. Ignoring these may cause your surgery to be delayed or cancelled.
If You Are Having Anesthesia/Sedation:
- Do not eat or drink anything after 12:00 midnight the night before surgery (this includes: chewing gum, lozenges, hard candy and chewing tobacco).
- Do not bring valuables with you on the day of surgery (this includes: purses, money, jewelry, etc.).
- If possible, make arrangements for child care which will allow you to concentrate on recovering.
- You will be asked to arrive 11⁄2 hours prior to the time of your surgery.
- If you are diabetic, you will be given instructions as to the dose and time to take your medication prior to arriving at the center.
- If you routinely take a medication that thins the blood, you must speak with your surgeon about when to stop this drug and if you may need any blood tests before surgery (i.e.: aspirin, Coumadin, Plavix, Naprosyn, Motrin).
- If you are unable to keep your appointment for surgery or are delayed in arriving, please call the surgery center as soon as possible at (919) 322-4800.