As a Patient, You Are Responsible For
- Providing to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete information about your present health status and past medical history and reporting any unexpected changes to the appropriate health care professional and include medications taken, use of over-the-counter products, dietary supplements and allergies or sensitivities.
- Complying with the treatment plan recommended by the primary practitioner involved in your care.
- Providing an adult to transport you home following treatment and an adult to be responsible for you at home for the first 24 hours following treatment as needed.
- Indicating that you clearly understand the contemplated course of action and what is expected of you.
- Your actions if you refuse treatment, leave CCSC against the advice of your practitioner, and/or do not follow the practitioner’s instructions relating to your care.
- Assuring that financial obligations associated with your care at CCSC are fulfilled as expediently as possible.
- Providing information about and/or copies of any living will, power of attorney, advance directive, or other directive you desire us to know about.
- Be respectful of the healthcare professionals and staff as well as other patients.
If you have any questions regarding your rights or responsibilities, please discuss your concerns with us.
NC Division of Health Service Regulation
Complaint Intake Unit
2711 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-2711
Telephone: (800) 624-3004
Within NC: (919) 855-4500
For Medicare Patients: If there is a complaint/grievance regarding quality of care, contact the Office of Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman: https://www.medicare.gov/claims-appeals/your-medicare-rights/get-help-with-your-rights-protections