Please follow these instructions when you get home if you have had anesthesia/sedation:
- You must have your care-giver stay with you for the first 24 hours. You may be drowsy or dizzy.
- Rest and relax. You have just had surgery. Follow your doctors’ recommendations for resuming your normal activities.
- Eat a light meal when you get hungry. Eating too much, or heavy foods, may cause you to become nauseated.
- Remember to follow your doctors’ instructions on resuming any previous medications you had been on, as well as taking any pain medication prescribed for you.
- Do NOT drive, drink alcoholic beverages or operate heavy machinery or power tools for at least 24 hours after your surgery.
If you feel you are experiencing any problems after your discharge, call your doctor’s office immediately. If your doctor is not available call the Emergency Room at your local hospital or 9-1-1 if it is an extreme emergency. After your surgery, you will receive a phone call from a member of our nursing staff to check on your progress.